I am honored to have this post included in the Deck The Blogs feature at Oprah.com.
I love these cookies. They are so easy to make and they’re full of fresh flavor. The orange taste is subtle and not overpowering, which makes them higher on my list since I’m not a big fan of too much orange flavor.
Also, unlike yesterday’s recipe, I know that these cookies are perfect to make ahead of time. Both the dough and the baked cookies freeze perfectly. Plus, it is so easy to make a double or triple batch of the dough.
Orange Infused Snowball Cookies
- 1 c. butter
- 3/4 c. powdered sugar
- 1 orange (2 T. grated orange rind and 1 T. freshly squeezed juice)
- 2 1/4 c. flour
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
1. Beat the butter until creamy. Add the powdered sugar until completely combined. Add 1 T. orange juice and beat for 30 seconds.
2. Stir in flour, working in batches, until combined. By hand, stir in 1 T. grated orange rind.
3. Combine granulated sugar with remaining tablespoon grated orange rind and set aside.
4. Using a teaspoon of dough at a time, roll into a ball. Roll balls of dough through the sugar and orange rind combination. Bake at 325 degrees for about 15 minutes, until the bottoms are golden brown.
Don’t forget to stop by In Jennie’s Kitchen to see today’s cookies for the 12 Days of Sharing. And please consider participating, spreading the word, and/or donating to Share Our Strength and support their cause that no child goes hungry!
Stop by Stolen Moments Menu Planning to order your fully personalized menu plans that will help you save time and money in the kitchen! Be sure you check out the Christmas gift subscription special while you’re there.