Your breakfast might never be the same again – not after you try this! I have to admit, this was a complete experiment but it turned out SO good. I couldn’t wait to share it here.
I’ve wanted to come up with a fun, new breakfast option for us for awhile, so this was a fun tackle. And probably the most tasty one yet!
Cinnamon-Apple Stuffed French Toast
- 1/4 c. butter
- 2 apples, peeled and cubed
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 2 t. cinnamon
- 4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 12 slices thick, hearty bread (I used a whole wheat sandwich-cut bread. The bread needs to be hearty enough to stand up to the filling.)
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 T. vanilla
- 1/4 t. cinnamon
- Extra butter for the skillet
1. Melt 1/4 c. butter in a small skillet. Add apples, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cook 5-8 minutes until apples start getting tender.
2. In a bowl, add cream cheese and apple mixture. Stir until well combined. (This can be made the night before and kept refrigerated.)
3. Add about 2 T. filling to the center of one piece of bread. Spread out a little but don’t go all the way to the edges. Top with another slice of bread to make a sandwich. Repeat with all.
4. Whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon. Dip sandwiches in egg mixture as you would for regular French toast. Cook in a hot, greased skillet, 3-4 minutes per side.
This post is being linked to:
- Tempt My Tummy Tuesday at Blessed With Grace
- Kitchen Tip Tuesday at Tammy’s Recipes
- Tasty Tuesday at Forever, Wherever
- Tackle-It Tuesday at 5MFM
And stop by The Happy Housewife for the Hot Breakfast Challenge.
Looking for a great Christmas gift to help a friend, family member, teacher, etc. save some time and money in the kitchen and get the year off to a great start? Consider ordering them a 3 month gift subscription to Stolen Moments Menu Planning for just $16.50. And check it out for yourself too!