Super yummy…super simple…super summery. That best sums up this dish. It’s versatile enough that it can be made on the grill, stovetop or in the oven.
I use a homemade barbecue sauce whenever I make anything with barbecue sauce. It is so easy to throw together and I always have the ingredients on hand. Plus, we all think it just tastes so much better than barbecue sauce in a bottle.
- 2 T. oil
- 1 green pepper, cut into large chunks
- 1 onion, cut into large chunks
- 1 lb. smoked sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1″ chunks
- 1 – 1 1/2 c. barbecue sauce (Here’s my recipe for homemade barbecue sauce)
1. For the grill – Make a large packet with tin foil. In a large bowl, toss green pepper, onion and smoked sausage with oil. Place in foil packet. Grill for 10 minutes. Add barbecue sauce and grill an additional 5-10 minutes.
2. For the stovetop – Heat oil in a large skillet and add green pepper, onion and smoked sausage. Cook for 15 minutes, until pepper and onions are tender and sausage is fully cooked. Stir in barbecue sauce and cook until heated throuh.
3. For the oven – Toss the green pepper, onion and sausage with the oil. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Stir in barbecue sauce and bake another 10 minutes.