The texture of this bread is fantastic! It stands up well to toasting and makes some wonderful French toast. I definitely recommend doubling this recipe. It is easily frozen too.
Banana Raisin Bread
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup (2 medium) mashed ripe bananas
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Cream the butter and sugar together for 5 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla, mix well. Add bananas and milk, mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Slowly stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture. Stir in the raisins.
- Bake in a greased loaf pan at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes.