Tonight I’m just posting a super easy recipe. I spent the day cooking with my step-mother-in-law and my aunt-in-law. We had a fantastic time and we each ended the day with 7 freezer meals, plus some extra sides and breadsticks. Now I am tired, but it’s a good, productive tired.
This cooking session is part of an exciting project that I am working on for Sam’s Club. I’ll fill you in on that some more next week.
This dinner is definitely easy, but I appreciate it’s simplicity. Sometimes a simple dinner without lots of complex flavors is a great way to end the day, especially when you are in the mood for something light.
Tilapia & Pepper Packets
- 6 Tilapia (or other white fish) fillets, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 1 t. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 t. rosemary
- 1/2 t. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. black pepper
- Bell Pepper slices (I used some slices from a tri-color package of peppers since I had that on hand.)
- 1/4 onion, sliced
1. Fold a double layer of aluminum foil into a square. Place 1 tilapia fillet into the middle of the square. Repeat the process for each fillet.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice and seasonings. Place pepper and onion slices on top of each fillet, then drizzle with olive oil blend, about 2 teaspoons per fillet.
3. Fold up the edges and close each packet. Freeze or cook immediately. To cook right away, place packets on a cookie sheet and cook at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes, until the fish is fully cooked. (Increase cooking time if using frozen fish fillets.) Or, place packets on a grill and cook until done.
4. If you freeze the packets right after putting them together, cook as above straight from the freezer and increase the cooking time about 10 minutes.