UPDATE: I have gotten numerous requests from people who still would like to submit recipes. I would hate to turn anyone away. As a result, you may still submit recipes through today April 6th. The more recipes received, the more we will be able to earn for Share Our Strength!
The deadline to submit recipes for the Virtual Great American Bake is Sunday, April 5th. If you haven’t yet submitted a recipe, I hope you’ll consider doing so now.
I understand how busy we all are, so if you are a blogger that doesn’t have time to type up a recipe to share, you can just email the link if you’ve already posted it on your blog. I’ll take care of the rest!
Also, the recipes do not have to be limited to traditional bake sale fare. Since this is a virtual bake sale, we are bending the rules a little. Share any recipe that you like and it will be included.
If you are not a blogger, I would still love your recipe submissions. In fact, maybe you have some friends or family members that are not bloggers but would still like to submit a recipe. Please pass the word on to them. I believe that the more recipes received for the ebooks, the more money we will be able to raise for Share Our Strength. And that, afterall, is the most important thing.
In case you are not familiar with Share Our Strength, let me share a few details with you.
- Share Our Strength “weave[s] together a net of community groups, activists and food programs to catch children at risk of hunger and surround them with nutritious food where they live, learn and play.”
- They are creative with their fund raising efforts, focusing on creating community and fun. Their programs include: Taste of the Nation, Great American Bake Sale, A Tasteful Pursuit, Great American Dine Out, and Operation Frontline.
- Since their inception in 1984, Share Our Strength has raised over $245 million and provided support to more than 1,000 of the most effective hunger-relief organizations around the globe.
- In addition to their remarkable food assistance programs that make sure children are fed where they live, learn and play, Share Our Strength also provides award winning nutrition education program that teaches families how to prepare healthy, low-cost meals.
The ebooks, filled with YOUR recipes, will go on sale on April 13th and 100% of the proceeds will go directly to Share Our Strength. It really is that easy to get involved and make a difference.
Take a look at some of the fantastic recipe submissions I’ve already received:
- Cherry Cheesecake from I’m An Organizing Junkie
- Power Cookies from Mom Fuse
- Lemon Pound Cake with Lemon Glaze from Dalla Mia Cucina
- Chicken Napoli from Blessed With Grace
- Tropical Mango and Pineapple Tart from Gourmet Girl Magazine
- Sweet Potato Streusel Muffins from Heavenly Homemakers
- Bolognese from Carissa at GoodNCrazy and Mom It Forward
- White Chocolate Cranberry Muffins from The Finer Things In Life
You can submit a recipe on the VGABS information page or email firstname.lastname@example.org.