Tonight I’m just posting a super easy recipe. I spent the day cooking with my step-mother-in-law and my aunt-in-law. We had a fantastic time and we each ended the day with 7 freezer meals, plus some extra sides and breadsticks. Now I am tired, but it’s a good, productive tired.
This cooking session is part of an exciting project that I am working on for Sam’s Club. I’ll fill you in on that some more next week.
This dinner is definitely easy, but I appreciate it’s simplicity. Sometimes a simple dinner without lots of complex flavors is a great way to end the day, especially when you are in the mood for something light.
Tilapia & Pepper Packets
- 6 Tilapia (or other white fish) fillets, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 12 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Bell Pepper slices (I used some slices from a tri-color package of peppers since I had that on hand.)
- 1/4 onion, sliced
- Fold a double layer of aluminum foil into a square. Place 1 tilapia fillet into the middle of the square. Repeat the process for each fillet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice and seasonings. Place pepper and onion slices on top of each fillet, then drizzle with olive oil blend, about 2 teaspoons per fillet.
- Fold up the edges and close each packet. Freeze or cook immediately. To cook right away, place packets on a cookie sheet and cook at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes, until the fish is fully cooked. (Increase cooking time if using frozen fish fillets.) Or, place packets on a grill and cook until done.
- If you freeze the packets right after putting them together, cook as above straight from the freezer and increase the cooking time about 10 minutes.