This dinner is a favorite for those days when there are no stolen moments! It comes together so quickly and tastes delicious. I take 15 minutes while eating breakfast to do some very minimal prep work, and then the rest is done just before we eat.
Apricot Chicken with Garlic & Green Onion Couscous
For the chicken:
- 1 lb. chicken breast tenders (or 1 lb. chicken breasts, cut in half)
- salt, pepper & garlic powder to taste
- 1 c. apricot preserves
1. Sprinkle salt, pepper and garlic powder over both sides of the chicken. Place in a baking dish and cover with preserves. Cook immediately or refrigerate to allow the flavors to meld.
2. Cook at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, until chicken is done.
For the couscous:
- 2 T. Extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 c. chicken stock
- 2 c. couscous
1. Heat the olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and green onions to the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Set aside or refrigerate until dinner time.
2. In a saucepan, bring 2 c. chicken stock to a boil. Stir in couscous, remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes. Stir in reserved garlic and green onions.
Stop by Grocery Cart Challenge for more recipes.