This super simple side dish just screams Spring. (And it’s alliterative too.) I love fresh green beans and I always make sure we get our fill throughout spring and summer. When prepared this way, they make as tasty a snack as they do a side dish. I should know; I snack on them a lot! According to my oldest, these taste like green bean french fries.
Oven Roasted Green Beans
- 1 lb fresh green beans, rinsed and trimmed
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 tsp salt, preferably coarse sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Place the green beans in large mixing bowl and toss with 1 T. olive oil and seasonings. Set aside.
- Heat oven and cookie sheet to 375 degrees. Remove cookie sheet from oven and drizzle with remaining 1/2 T. olive oil. Pour green beans onto cookie sheet and spread out so that they are in an even layer. Bake for 5 minutes. Flip green beans and return to oven for about 10 more minutes.