Yes, another apple recipe. I warned you there’d be lots of these during the next few days and weeks and I’m true to my word.
These cookies turned out really great. They’re moist and full of apple goodness. They have a more cake-like texture than your usual cookie, but for me that just added to the goodness, especially when topped with caramel. And they were definitely a hit around our house. Between our 4 kids, a friend of our oldest and my father-in-law, I’ve never seen 3 dozen cookies disappear faster!
Apple Cookies with Caramel
- 1 c. butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 t. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 c. flour
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1/2 t. salt
- 2 c. oats
- 1 1/2 c. peeled and diced apples
- 25 caramels
- 1 1/2 t. water
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter or margarine with the sugars and vanilla until creamy. Add eggs and beat an additional minute.
2. In a seperate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Whisk to combine. Slowly add to creamed mixture, stirring just enough to combine. By hand, fold in oats and apples. Scoop tablespoonfuls of dough onto baking sheets.
3. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown. Remove cookies to a wire rack to cool.
4. While cookies cool, place unwrapped caramels and water in a small bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Microwave in additional 30 second increments as needed until caramel is completely melted and smooth. Place a teaspoonful of caramel on the top of each cookie and let firm. Enjoy!
This post is being linked to: