I have come to a conclusion – this blog is ridiculously hazardous for my health! Seriously, I dream food. There’s always a new recipe or idea kicking around in my head that eventually makes it onto these pages.
But before it gets posted here, I have to actually make it. Then I have to taste it to make sure it tastes good. Then I have to taste it a second, third and fourth time. Afterall, my readers count on me to only share yummy recipes, right? Wouldn’t I be letting you down if I shared a recipe that wasn’t taste-tested repeatedly?
Case in point…
(I used my basic “Ditch-The-Box-And-Never-Look-Back” brownie recipe as the base, but I’m reposting it here for convenience sake.)
S’More Topped Brownies
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cup chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup broken graham crackers
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 Hershey bar, broken into individual pieces
- Heat sugar and butter in a medium pot over low heat until butter is completely melted, stirring often. Remove from heat, stir in 1 1/2 c. chocolate chips until melted, and let cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, briefly whisk the eggs. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of chocolate mixture to the eggs and stir to combine, just to temper the eggs. Then pour all of eggs into the pot with the melted chocolate. Stir to combine.
- Stir in flour, vanilla and baking soda until well blended. Pour into a greased 13×9 casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the graham crackers and butter and sprinkle over the brownies. Add the marshmallows and the chocolate pieces.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18 to 22 minutes.
This post is being linked to:
- Tempt My Tummy Tuesday at Blessed With Grace
- Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
- Talk About Tuesday at The Lazy Organizer
Looking for a way to save time and money in the kitchen? Stop by Stolen Moments Menu Planning and take back your kitchen by turning over the menu planning!