Last Updated on
For as long as I can remember, my mom has been making mini-blinis. Whenever we had overnight company, mini-blinis were always a hit in the morning. And Christmas morning just would NOT be Christmas morning without a plate full of mini-blinis.
I think the recipe for mini-blinis may be the very first recipe re-creation I ever tried. Two of my such-close-family-friends-we-called-them-cousins cousins spent the night and we wanted to make breakfast the next morning. I don’t remember what else we made, but I do remember we tried throwing together a batch of mini-blinis. We missed a few steps and ingredients along the way, but they still turned out okay, at least as far as I remember.
To this day, I love these little breakfast pastries like you would not believe! My husband became an instant convert to their tastiness with the very first one he ever tried. Now he requests them almost as often as I do.
- 1 lb thinly sliced, commercial white bread
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 – 1 cup sugar + 1 T. cinnamon, mixed together
- Carefully cut the crusts off of each slice of bread and set aside for another use.
- With a rolling pin, gently flatten each slice of bread until it is paper-thin.
- In a small bowl, beat together the cream cheese, 1 c. sugar, egg yolks and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread a layer of the cream cheese mixture onto each slice of bread and roll up jelly roll style.
- Roll each piece in melted butter then in cinnamon-sugar combination.
- Cut each roll into thirds and bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes, until lightly golden brown on the edges.