Last Updated on
This recipe is a classic. I’ve seen it countless times over the past few years, and with good reason. It’s SO delicious, SO easy and SO refreshing on a hot summer day. I debated even posting it, but I figure if you’ve never seen it before, it’s new to you. And I’d hate to deprive you of a really great recipe!
So this is a post in which I break all my own rules. First, I’m posting a recipe that’s not a unique creation or full of my own tweaks. Second, the recipe calls for all kinds of ingredients that do not make a regular appearance in our home. Sometimes it’s good to be a rule-breaker.
- 1 graham cracker pie crust (use homemade if you prefer)
- 1 8 oz container frozen whipped topping (ie. Cool Whip), thawed
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk, chilled
- 1 12 oz container frozen lemonade concentrate
- Optional garnish: fresh lemon wedges or candied lemon peel
- In a large mixing bowl, quickly and gently combine the whipped topping and chilled condensed milk just until blended.
- Fold in the frozen lemonade concentrate. Again, work quickly so that all of the ingredients stay nice and cold and do not start to become soupy.
- Pour filling into the pie crust and freeze for at least 6-8 hours before serving. Store leftovers in the freezer.
This post is being linked to Foodie Friday at Designs By Gollum.