Sometimes, I just want to make a meal that’s a little bit fancier than our usual. Occasionally, I’ll reserve those fancier things for nights when Eric and I are having a special date night at home. But for the most part, those meals just become a family meal. I think the kids love eating fancier meals just as much as Eric and I do.
These pork cutlets might look a little fancier, they might taste a little richer, but honestly, the preparation is quick enough to serve any night of the week. I’m even thinking I’d like to make up a huge batch of these to have in the freezer. I’ve had mixed results with freezing cream cheese though, so I might just try a few at first and see how those work. I won’t mind experimenting at all, because these are delicious!
Creamy Stuffed Pork Cutlets
- 12 – 16 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 6 – 8 pork cutlets
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp green onions
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced into 12 – 16 pieces
- Additional salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Place trimmed asparagus in a small pan. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Cover, remove from heat and let steam for about 3-5 minutes, until just tender. Drain and rinse asparagus with cold water.
- In a small bowl, stir together cream cheese, green onions, 1 t. salt, 1/2 t. pepper and 1/2 t. garlic powder until combined.
- Roll up each pork cutlet and secure with a toothpick. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the rolled-up cutlets in a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-35 minutes (depending on thickness of cutlets), until pork if fully cooked.