Last Updated on
I just realized that this is the second chocolate-peanut butter combination I’ve made this week. I promise next week will be all about vegetables and fruits and healthy things…maybe.
This is a super simple, no-brainer kind of recipe. I wanted to make a quick snack for the kids and I was craving those chow mein noodle “haystacks” that are such a popular holiday treat. Unfortunately, we didn’t have any in our pantry. So I thought maybe chocolate covered pretzels would be fun. I decided to combine the two and the result was wonderfully salty, sweet and easy! Next time I make these, I think I’m going to try adding lots of other stuff like peanuts and raisins.
Chocolate-Peanut Butter Pretzel Stacks
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter, creamy or chunky
- 3 cup pretzel sticks, broken into halves
- In a medium saucepan, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter together over low heat. Remove from heat and stir in pretzels. Drop by the spoonful onto waxed paper or greased tin foil and let harden before eating
- That’s it! Sometimes simplicity is the best way to go.
That’s it! Sometimes simplicity is the best way to go.