This might be the most appropriately titled blog post I’ve ever written. These brownies are really easy – as easy as mixing up a boxed brownie mix, at least in my opinion. But they taste so much better.
They are chocolately and fudgy. If you’re a fan of cake-like brownies, these probably aren’t for you. But for my tastes, these brownies absolutely work for me!
Ditch The Box & Never Look Back Brownies
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. butter or margarine
- 2 c. chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1/4 t. baking soda
1. Heat sugar and butter in a medium pot over low heat until butter is completely melted, stirring often. Remove from heat, stir in 1 1/2 c. chocolate chips until melted, and let cool to room temperature.
2. In a small bowl, briefly whisk the eggs. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of chocolate mixture to the eggs and stir to combine, just to temper the eggs. Then pour all of eggs into the pot with the melted chocolate. Stir to combine.
3. Stir in flour, vanilla and baking soda until well blended. Pour into a greased 13×9 casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 18 to 22 minutes.
4. When brownies are done and still hot, sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips on top. Cool completely in the refrigerator before serving, if you can wait that long.
Stop by We Are THAT Family for more Works For Me Wednesday.