With the older kids on spring break this week, we have managed to enjoy some lazy mornings and big breakfasts. (Although the rest of my spring break plans aren’t doing so well.) I think my favorite part of serving everyone a big breakfast is that I can get away with making a smaller, snack type lunch. Oh, and I guess the food. Gotta love breakfast foods!
This morning’s breakfast was a HUGE success and one that I will definitely be repeating a lot. Especially once summertime hits and we can enjoy these lazy mornings all the time.
Strawberries & Cream Waffle Sandwiches
- 2 waffles (This is the waffle recipe I use the most.)
- 1/3 cup Cool Whip (or similar whipped topping)
- 4-6 strawberries, trimmed and sliced
- 1 tsp powdered sugar
- Spread all but about 2 teaspoons of the Cool Whip on the top of one waffle. Top with sliced strawberries. (Reserve a few slices to garnish the top.)
- Top with the second waffle. Dollop the remaining Cool Whip on the center of the top waffle. Place the leftover strawberry slices in the Cool Whip and sprinkle powdered sugar on top.
Stop by Designs By Gollum for more Foodie Friday.