I fell in love with roasted vegetables about a year and a half ago and have been experimenting with them ever since. I’ve yet to find a veggie that doesn’t work well with this method. And even my pickiest kiddos enjoy the taste and texture of every roasted veggie I’ve made so far.
Springtime Roasted Veggies is a simple dish that is full of flavor, color and the springy goodness of asparagus.
Springtime Roasted Veggies
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 large red bell
- 1/2 lb carrots
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Prepare the vegetables by trimming the asparagus, thinly slicing the red pepper and peeling and slicing the carrots into long, thin matchsticks.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Place the veggies in a small casserole dish or on a cookie sheet. Pour olive oil mixture on top and toss to coat evenly. Bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes.