I love chicken salad, but I haven’t always. Up until a few years ago, I avoided it at all costs. The main reason being that I do not like raw onions. Then I saw our local gourmet market carried onion-free chicken salad. I thought it was worth a shot. I fell in love instantly.
Since that time, I’ve had fun playing around with chicken salad and making it all kinds of different ways. I’ll be making chicken salad all throughout the summer. It’s such a great and easy lunch to be enjoyed with all the fabulous summer fruits and veggies. Plus, our whole family loves it too.
Simple Curry Chicken Salad
- 1/2 lb cooked chicken, shredded or diced
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 2 tbsp diced green pepper
- 2 tbsp sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (you can add more if you like your chicken salad creamier)
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp each cayenne pepper and coriander, optional
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir until well combined. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Refrigerate until serving.
Easy as can be, but SO very good.
This post is being linked to:
- Hooked On… at Hooked On Houses
- Food On Fridays at Ann Kroeker’s
- Family Recipe Fridays at Vanderbilt Wife
- Recipe Swap at The Grocery Cart Challenge
- Friday Feasts at Mom Trends
Cooking.com has “Try-Me” Pieces from Top Brands specially priced for you!