Last Updated on
I absolutely love one dish skillet meals. Clean up is a breeze and there’s just something about the taste when all those flavors merge together that I really enjoy.
I tend to find breakfast skillet meals to be the easiest to just throw together with freezer and/or pantry items. Although we tend to eat these more as breakfast-for-dinner meals than as actual breakfast. But I guess it really doesn’t matter when you eat it as long as it’s yummy, right?
This one was a winner for sure. The smokiness of the sausage was a perfect complement to the potatoes and eggs. Our son, who tends to not be a big potato or egg fan but loves sausage, cleaned his plate.
Sausage Hash Breakfast Skillet
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 2- 3 large baking potatoes, washed and cut into very small cubes
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb smoked sausage, diced
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Heat oil and butter or margarine in a large skillet. Add potatoes, onion and carrots. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook for 15 minutes over medium heat, until potatoes begin to soften and brown. Add sausage to the skillet and cook an additional 10-15 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Push potato and sausage combo over to one half of the skillet. Pour eggs into the other half and scramble until done. Stir to combine everything. Season again with salt and pepper to taste. Top with shredded cheddar cheese, if desired and serve.