There are lots of ways to make ramaki and I have never been able to determine which variation is the authentic one. But authentic or not, this is a great appetizer.
Plus, can anything wrapped in bacon not taste good? I think I need to start wrapping more things in bacon! We are definitely hooked on bacon in this house. What’s your favorite recipe using bacon?
- 1 can whole water chestnuts (about 24)
- 8 slices bacon, cut into thirds
- 1 1/2 c. barbeque sauce
1. Soak about 30 toothpicks in a bowl of water for at least one hour. You will only need 24, but it is a good idea to have some extras on hand just in case some break in the process.
2. Wrap one section of bacon around each whole water chestnut and secure with a toothpick. Place in a 375 degree oven for about 20 minutes, or until bacon has reached desired crispiness.
3. Place cooked bacon-wrapped water chestnuts in a small oven-proof dish. Cover with barbeque sauce and stir to cover. Return to oven for 15 minutes.
Stop by Hooked On Houses for more Hooked On…Fridays.