A few months ago we took the kids to a field trip at Great Harvest Bread Co. While we were there, we sampled some of their pizza bread. It was SO good and ever since then I’ve wanted to tackle a re-creation of the recipe. One thing or another always came up until this weekend. I finally was able to get around to it and we were all so pleased with the results. I will definitely be making this again and again! We ate one loaf in about 5 minutes and I quickly put the other 2 in the freezer.
- 6-7 c. white flour
- 1 T. yeast
- 2 c. milk
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/4 c. butter or margarine
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 t. salt
- 2 t. Italian seasoning
- 3/4 c. pizza sauce
- 20 -25 slices pepperoni, cut into small pieces
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 1/2 c. flour with 1 T. yeast and set aside.
2. Add milk, water, butter or margarine, sugar and salt to a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until warm. Pour into large bowl with the flour and yeast. Stir or beat until well combined. Slowly work in remaining flour and Italian seasoning. Knead (by hand or with an electric mixer) until dough is smooth and elastic, about 8-10 minutes. Cover and let dough rise for 1 hour in a lightly greased bowl.
3. Divide dough into 2 or 3 portions, depending on how big you want your loaves to be. Roll each ball of dough into a rectangle.4. Spread about 1/4 c. pizza sauce on each section of dough.5. Sprinkle the diced pepperoni and cheeses on top of the pizza sauce.6. Roll dough tightly, jelly-roll style, and pinch the seams shut.7. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Stop by Blessed With Grace for Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Tammy’s Recipes for Kitchen Tip Tuesdays, 5MFM for Tackle-It Tuesdays and Blissfully Domestic for I Am Blissfully Domestic.
Also stop by Money Saving Mom for more baking day posts.