Last Updated on
The following is a guest post from Lynn, who shares her many wonderful recipes at Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures.
This is one of those unhealthy, but fun and easy recipes that kids will love. This recipe is a version of your basic rice crispy treat. This version, however, is a little fancier, if a rice crispy treat can be fancy.
This rice crispy treat has peanut butter and chocolate in it. What goes better with marshmallows and rice crispy than peanut butter and chocolate? Rice crispy treats on their own are good, but add peanut butter and chocolate, and they are even better.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Rice Crispy Treats
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 – 10 ounce package of large marshmallows
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 6 cup chocolate rice crispy cereal
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- Lightly grease a 9×13 pan and set aside. In a large pan melt butter over medium heat. Add marshmallows and stir constantly until melted. Remove from heat, add peanut butter, and stir well. Add rice crispy cereal and stir until well combined. Carefully press into 9×13 pan.
- Mix together chocolate chips and 1 ½ tablespoons of peanut butter and melt. I do this in the microwave stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Spread over rice crispy treats. Let sit until chocolate is set. Cut and serve.