Last Updated on
Sometimes, I just don’t understand our kids. At the beginning of the month, I bought a 2-pack of large Nuttela. My thought was that those would last us at least 2 months of yummy breakfasts and tasty treats and snacks. Smart idea, right? (Because really, is there ever a time when turning down a jumbo container of Nutella is a good idea?)
Well, it would seem like a smart idea. Unfortunately, it didn’t turn out that way when the kids purposefully set out to find the second container to open for a breakfast of toast and Nutella one day. Seeing as how we’d hardly put a dent in the first container, this move did not make for a happy mom!
Needless to say, using up all of this Nutella before it goes bad has become a huge priority for me. When we had company over this weekend, I really saw no choice but to come up with a Nutella-based dessert. If you’re a fan of Nutella, I know I don’t need to sell you on the deliciousness of this Nutella Cream Pie with Hazelnut Crust. If you’re a Nutella novice, this is the perfect introduction! Just take my word on this – you MUST make and enjoy this pie. It’s unbelievably good!!
Nutella Cream Pie with Hazelnut Crust
For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp butter
For the filling:
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 8 oz container cool whip (or fresh whipped cream)
- In a large mixing bowl beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar until combined. Add the Nutella and milk and beat for 5 minutes, until thoroughly combined and somewhat fluffy. Fold in the cool whip.
- Spoon into completely cooled hazelnut crust and refrigerate for at least 4 hours to allow pie to set.