I compiled this list on my now-defunct personal blog a few years ago. It was so much fun that I had to share it here. Can you name all the movies?
Important Life Lessons I’ve Learned From Holiday Movies
- Linus is always right!
- When complimented on your clothing, saying “What? This old thing? Why I only wear it when I don’t care how I look” while turning and flipping your hair will make men swoon.
- Aftershave hurts.
- Improperly canned peaches will explode.
- Wanting to be a dentist is a laughable choice.
- It’s okay to make fun of your friends as long as you make fun of yourself first.
- Your tongue really will stick to a flag pole on a cold day.
- A nice watch can get you a room at a motel.
- Being sisters is a difficult thing.
- Spaghetti tastes good with maple syrup.
- Strangers in your house in the middle of the night is not always a bad thing. They might just teach you something about yourself.
- It is possible to lock yourself in your attic.
- Magicians are mean.
- Little girls with big hearts are powerful.
From our family to yours…