Stop by my friend Sonshine’s blog to see a list of the top deals to take advantage of at Meijer this week and every week. Not only does Sonshine highlight all the best deals, she also provides cupon match-ups.
Pork loin is something I don’t make very often, but the price this week seems too hard to pass up. And the nice thing up cooking a bigger roast like this is that there are so many leftover possibilities.
The recipe I recommend this week is Crock Pot Pork Carnitas from Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures.
The sale items to use in the recipe are:
- Meijer boneless pork loin – $1.69/lb.
- Meijer shredded cheese – 4/$6
- Avocados – 5/$5
- Tomatoes – $1.29/lb.
- Taco Bell Salsa – 2/$3
Serve with skillet corn using the Meijer frozen corn that’s on sale 10/$10.
- 1/2 c. butter or margarine
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 green or red pepper, diced (optional)
- 1 bag frozen corn
- 1 T. cumin
- 2 t. chili powder
- 2 t. salt
- 1 t. black pepper
- 1/8 t. cayenne pepper
1. In a large skillet, melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Add onion and optional peppers. Cook until onion is translucent. Add corn and seasonings. Cook, stirring often, until the corn begins to get just slightly crisp. The seasonings can easily be adjusted to taste.
Have you submitted a recipe for the Virtual Great American Bake Sale to support Share Our Strength yet?
And don’t forget to stop by $5 Dinners for all of this week’s bargain meals!