Isn’t it a sad day when you receive the sales ad and realize your grocery store has stopped running your favorite sale? That’s how I feel this week about the end of the 10 for $10, 11th item free deal ending at Meijer. Oh well. I’m sure it will be back in a few weeks.
There are still some great deals to take advantage of. I’m excited to see all of the produce deals that are just starting. We are so ready for fresh fruits and veggies around our house.
Stop by my friend Sonshine’s blog to see a list of the top deals to take advantage of at Meijer this week and every week. Not only does Sonshine highlight all the best deals, she also provides cupon match-ups.
Here’s a great restaurant-meal at home for this week that takes advantage of the sales.
- 1 1/2 lb. chicken breasts (Meijer chicken breasts – $1.99/lb)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 c. barbecue sauce
- 8 slices bacon, fully cooked and drained (Meijer bacon – 2/$4)
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese (Kraft cheese – 1/2 price)
1. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Place in a baking dish and cover with barbecue sauce. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
2. Remove chicken from oven. Place cooked bacon strips on top, and then sprinkle shredded cheddar over it all. Return to the oven until chicken is fully cooked and cheese is melted, about 5-10 minutes.
Serve with cantaloupe (2/$3) and Ore-Ida frozen French fries (2/$5) or homemade oven fries (5 lb. Idaho potatoes – 2/$5).
Have you submitted a recipe for the Virtual Great American Bake Sale to support Share Our Strength yet?
And don’t forget to stop by $5 Dinners for all of this week’s bargain meals!