This is one of the biggest stand-by meals in my home. I usually have at least a dozen meatloaf cups in the freezer at any given time. The recipe is just a basic meatloaf recipe and I do make it in loaf pans a lot. But, doing it in cups makes them much more versatile, easier to freeze, and quicker to bake. Plus, if you’re like me and love the crispy end piece of a meatloaf, you will love making your meatloaf like this. Each individual cup is crispy like an end piece. (It doesn’t have to be though, if you don’t like it that way!)
Meatloaf Cup Recipe
- 1 1/2 lb ground turkey + 1 lb. ground beef (or any combination thereof, totaling about 2 1/2 lbs.)
- 1 1/4 – 1 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 onion, grated or finely diced
- 3 tbsp worchestshire sauce
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- Put all of the ingredients in a bowl and combine. Using your hands is definitely the easiest way.
- Pack muffin tins to the top with meatloaf mixture. (This recipe is enough to make at least 24 meatloaf cups, one traditional meatloaf and 12 meatloaf cups, or 12 meatloaf cups and about 30 meatballs.)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until fully cooked.
*Please note, all of these measurements are my best guesstimates. I usually just dump things in a bowl until I’m happy with the consistency.