As a food blogger, my camera is never far away. I don’t start cooking unless I know that my camera is within reach. It’s become a habit that I rarely even think about anymore – I cook…I snap, I stir…I snap, I plate…I snap. Such is life.
So it’s unusual for me to put food on the table that I haven’t taken a picture of first. But it does happen, as it did when I made this recipe. I remembered to take pictures while I was making the dish but I forgot that crucial finished-product-on-a-plate picture. Yet the recipe is too good to not be shared, so I’m hoping you can all overlook this food blogging faux pas and see that deliciousness of the finished dish in your mind.
Meat & Potato Pie
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 1/2 – 2 l lbs potatoes, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 3/4 cup beef stock
- Pie crust for double crust 9 inch pie
- Place ground beef, onions, potatoes and carrots in a large skillet. Season with salt, garlic powder, paprika and pepper. Cook over medium high heat until meat is fully cooked and veggies are tender.
- Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes. Pour in beef stock and bring to a boil. Cook for 5-10 minutes, until thickened.
- Press half the pie crust into a 9 inch pie plate. Pour in the meat mixture.
- Cover with the remaining pie crust. Cut a few slits in the top and bake at 375 degrees for 25-35 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and fully cooked. Let for 10 minutes before slicing and serving. (And after plating, take a picture for me, would ‘ya? Thanks!)