Last Updated on
This is a super simple dish that is just full of flavor. You gotta love dishes like that!
The other bonus of this dish is that my kids thought it was the coolest thing in the world to eat their dinner on skewers. So I am definitely planning on coming up with more meals like this throughout the summer.
Maple Glazed Chicken & Bacon Skewers
- 1 lb Chicken breasts, cut into one inch cubes
- 10 -12 slices bacon (In the picture above, I used turkey bacon. It was just as delicious as plain bacon.)
- 10 – 12 bamboo skewers (soak in water for 30 minutes first)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup Maple syrup
- 3 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 tsp ground ginger, optional
- Thread chicken and bacon onto skewers. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small saucepan, combine maple syrup, butter or margarine, and optional ginger. Heat over low heat until it comes to a slow boil. Glaze the chicken and bacon skewers with the syrup. Reserve any remaining sauce.