Last Updated on
On Saturday morning, my husband decided we were having hot dogs for dinner. It had been a long time since we ate hot dogs, because we usually save those for summertime. So I was all for it.
As dinner time rolled around, I wanted to make us a nice side dish. So I thought a potato salad would be perfect. But I didn’t want just any potato salad. I wanted something a little different. Since we’re all such fans of the loaded baked potato flavor, I decided a Loaded Baked Potato Salad would be perfect.
Loaded Baked Potato Salad
- 1 lb potatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Ranch dressing
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Additional salt and pepper, to taste
- Toss the diced potatoes with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Spread on a baking sheet or in a casserole dish and bake at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes, until tender. Stir a few times while cooking.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together sour cream, mayonnaise, Ranch dressing and vinegar. Add the potatoes and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving, at least 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in cheese, bacon, green onions and salt and pepper to taste.