As I was cleaning out our pantry the other day, I came across a bag of red-skinned potatoes. They were on that borderline verge of still being good. I sorted out the bag and had to throw a few potatoes away, but there were enough good ones left that I knew I could make a side dish with them. Since 1/3 less wasted food is something I’m working on this month, I decided to scrap my original plans for that night’s dinner so that I could use up the potatoes. I quickly opted for some marinated chicken breasts and decided to mix together a quick side dish of Greek-inspired lemon infused potatoes.
Although it might sound like an unusual combination, let me assure you that these potatoes are absolutely delicious! The tanginess of the lemon is mellowed slightly by the other ingredients to leave just a zesty flavor that’s unforgettable. This is a great way to mix up your usual potato side dish routine.
Lemon Infused Potatoes
- 1 large lemon, juiced and zested
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper (freshly ground, if possible)
- 2-3 lbs red-skinned potatoes, cubed
- In a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, zest, olive oil, melted butter, parsley, salt and pepper. Add cubed potatoes and toss to coat well.
- Transfer potatoes to a baking sheet or casserole dish and bake at 425 degrees for 35-45 minutes, until tender, browned and crisped.