UPDATE – THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED!! THE WINNER IS COMMENT #32, Terri.
In an never-ending quest to expand my horizons in the kitchen, I’ve begun experimenting with different oils and vinegars in my cooking. There are just only so many recipes that can be made until you begin using items outside of your comfort zone. Sure there is some trial and error involved, but there is with any learning process. For me, it’s worth it.
So when I was contacted about testing out a bottle of Nakano’s Seasoned Rice Vinegar, I was thrilled. Read this description and I think you’ll agree that it is a product ripe for experimentation.
NAKANO Seasoned Rice Vinegars are naturally brewed, fat & gluten free and have a sweet, light flavor that dresses up any dish. Simply splash it on everything from salads to pasta to meat and vegetables. Enjoy the unique variety of distinctive flavors, only from NAKANO: Seasoned, Roasted Garlic, Basil & Oregano, Red Pepper, Pesto, Balsamic Blend and Italian Herb.
As the description states, the flavor is light and understated, but still strong enough to impart a unique taste to whatever you toss it with. I received a bottle of Basil & Oregano Rice Vinegar and we enjoyed it tossed with some sliced cucumbers and tomatoes. I was anxious to cook with it though and so I came up with the idea of doing an Italian Fried Rice dish, replacing the usual soy sauce with some rice vinegar.
It turned out SO delicious. In fact, the kids all agreed that it was the best rice dish I’ve ever made.
Italian Chicken Fried Rice
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 medium yellow squash, diced
- 1 1/2 c. frozen chopped spinach
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. lemon pepper
- 4 c. cold, cooked rice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 T. fresh basil chiffonade
- 1/2 c. diced fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 – 1/3 c. NAKANO Basil & Oregano Rice Vinegar, to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add cubed chicken and cook until browned and fully cooked. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
2. Add the garlic, zucchini and squash to the skillet. Cook for 3 minutes. Add the spinach, season with salt and lemon pepper and cook an additional 2 minutes.
3. Stir in the cold rice, adding a little more olive oil if necessary. Cook until rice begins to crisp, about 5-8 minutes, stirring frequently. Make a well in the center of the skillet and pour in the beaten eggs. Scramble eggs until cooked. Stir to combine with the other ingredients.
4. Remove from heat and add basil and fresh tomatoes. Stir in rice vinegar, starting with 1/4 cup and adding more to taste as desired. Serve warm.
*** GIVEAWAY ***
Want to try this recipe out for yourself or just do a little experimenting in your kitchen? Then I have a great giveaway for you.
- A bottle of NAKANO Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- A $25 Visa gift card
- A NAKANO coupon and recipe booklet
To enter the giveaway, choose one of the 3 following options and then leave a comment letting me know.
- Sign up for the NAKANO SPLASH Recipe Club to receive a free monthly e-newsletter featuring great recipes and tips. ~OR ~
- Visit the NAKANO website then come back and tell us what your favorite Splash tip is. ~ OR ~
- Post a link to your favorite NAKANO recipe.
I will randomly select one winner on Sunday, September 12 at 10 pm EST.