This is one of my husband’s all-time favorite desserts. I don’t make it a lot (probably because the clean-up of the crock pot is such a chore), but it’s always well received when I do. In fact, if it’s been too long since I’ve made it, the family starts requesting it.
If you’ve never made a dessert in the crock pot before, this may look a little off to you at first. But trust me, the taste more than makes up for the lack of visual appeal. It’s rich, chocolaty and creamy. Add a scoop of ice cream on top and it’s all good!
Hot Fudge Peanut Butter Pudding Cake
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable or canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cup boiling water
- Combine the flour, 1/2 c. sugar, and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Add milk, oil, vanilla and peanut butter. Stir until smooth. Pour into the bottom of a crock pot.
- In the same mixing bowl, add the remaining 1 c. sugar and the cocoa powder. Slowly pour in the boiling water and stir to mix well. Pour over batter in the crock pot. DO NOT STIR! Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours.
This post is being linked to:
- Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam
- Tempt My Tummy Tuesday at Blessed With Grace
- Tuesdays At The Table at All The Small Stuff
- What’s In Your Crock Pot at Smockity Frocks
Looking for more crock pot recipes? Get your free copy of this ebook with 33 slow cooker recipes. Just click on the button to snag your copy!