I have wanted to try fingerling potatoes for a long time. I’m not sure why I always put off buying them though. Probably because I always had a 10+ lb. bag of potatoes at home already. So when I ran out of potatoes the day before a quick trip to the grocery store, I decided the time had finally come.
I found a wonderful bag that contained a medley of different fingerling potatoes. (I think it’s from Green Giant, but I’m not positive.) It was perfect! Plus the different potato types made for a beautiful and interesting presentation.
I decided to top the potatoes with a garlic and parsley butter mixture that’s always been a hit at our house and I think it was the perfect decision. These were so good! The fingerling potatoes were a huge hit with the kids and the adults LOVED all that garlic and butter.
Garlic & Parsley Fingerling Potatoes
- 2 lbs fingerling potatoes, cleaned
- 5 tbsp fingerling potatoes, cleaned
- 6 cloves garlic, minced (you can use less garlic if you prefer)
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Place the potatoes in a large pot filled with cold water. Bring to a boil and continue boiling until potatoes are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the potatoes cook, combine butter, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper in a small bowl until well blended.
- Drain the potatoes and place in a serving bowl. Immediately dollop the butter mixture on top, stir once or twice to combine and serve.