Last Updated on
Last summer, we fell in love with grilling. For years before that, we want without grilling because we didn’t have the backyard space for a grill. But once we moved to a home with plenty of room for a grill, we started firing it up on a regular basis and my husband happily became the grill-master of the Miller household.
One of our favorite grilled items last summer was Fiesta Burgers. Simple, delicious and full of flavor!
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1 can Ro*Tel tomatoes with diced chilies, drained
- 1 c. corn, thawed and frozen or fresh
- 1/4 c. diced fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. cumin
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- 6 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- Hamburger buns
- Garnish: avocado slices, lettuce and tomatoes
1. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, Ro*Tel, corn, fresh cilantro, salt, cumin and garlic powder. Shape into 6 evenly-sized hamburger patties.
2. Grill hamburgers until desired doneness. Just before removing from the grill, add a slice of Monterey Jack on top of each burger.
3. Place burgers on buns and garnish with avocado slices, lettuce and tomato slices.
We’re still learning the ropes of grilling and have been a bit hesitant about broadening our horizons beyond the basics of burgers, hot dogs, bratwursts and BBQ chicken breasts. So I am thrilled to be joining The Motherhood on Thursday, 4/5 for a Virtual Cooking Class with George Duran sharing some great grilling tips and recipes. Here’s all of the details for the class. I hope you’ll join me!
What: A virtual cooking school class called Firing Up the Grill: New Recipes, Flavors and Ingredients to Kick-Start Barbeque Season. The class is part of the Cooking Connections series on The Motherhood. You can check out great easy grilling recipes ahead of time on recipe website Ready Set Eat here.
When: Thursday, April 5, at 1 p.m. ET. It will last 30 minutes.
Where: TheMotherhood – here is the link to the page where the class will be held: http://bit.ly/Ha4xnV
About the class: It’s been a warm spring, giving us a head start on grilling season! Join celebrity chefGeorge Duran, coming to us via live video feed from his own backyard, as he shares his top grilling techniques and new flavor twists on old favorites.
Giveaway! We are also giving away two summer grilling gift baskets for class participation – don’t miss out! There are TWO methods of entry if you’d like to get involved:
1) post your own idea for a hot dog or hamburger recipe in the text chat on this page: http://bit.ly/Ha4xnV. You must use one of these required ingredients in your recipe: Hebrew National, Ro*Tel, Hunt’s Ketchup, Hunt’s Canned Tomatoes, Gulden’s Mustard or Wolf Chili.
2) go to ReadySetEat.com ( http://bit.ly/HPon8R ), pick a recipe you’d like to try the next time you grill or host a barbecue, and post the name of the recipe in the text chat on this page: http://bit.ly/Ha4xnV
The class is sponsored by ReadySetEat.com and ConAgra Foods, and it is hosted by TheMotherhood. I’ll be there with nine other bloggers to co-host the class, and I hope you’ll join us: