I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of coming up with different skillet meals. They’re just so easy and universally enjoyed in our house. The number of things that can be thrown together in a skillet is truly limitless. And I’ve yet to run across a combination that didn’t work.
For this meal, I was definitely channeling lasagna. I guess you could call this a lazy lasagna. The finished product looks absolutely nothing like lasagna, but it sure tastes like it, and in less than half the time too.
Platter provided by Entertaining at Home.
Easy & Creamy Italian Skillet Dinner
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 16 oz container ricotta cheese
- 1/2 lb pasta, cooked and drained (I used bowtie pasta)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef with onions and green pepper. Season with salt, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Drain when browned.
- Add tomato sauce and diced tomatoes to skillet. Simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in ricotta cheese until combined. Stir in pasta.
- Sprinkle cheese on top, cover and remove from heat. Let sit for 5 minutes, until cheese is melted. Serve and enjoy.
This is super Stolen Moments friendly. After step 2, place in refrigerator. Warm over low heat on the stove, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with cheese once warmed and serve.
NOTE ~ You’ll be noticing some really cool platters and plates throughout the next few weeks. They are all courtesy of Entertaining at Home.
Stop by $5 Dinners for the $5 Dinner Challenge.