Last Updated on
This Tuesday, we sent our daughter off to school for the first time. She entered fourth grade at our local school. Before that, she had been homeschooled for 5 years.
It was an exciting adjustment for all of us. But it was important to me to provide her with all the comforts of home when she stepped off that bus the first day. And what better way to do that than serve her homemade cookies fresh out of the oven?
This recipe is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe ever, at least as far as our family is concerned. It has more brown sugar than most recipes, which gives the cookies a richer taste that is just irresistible. To up the flavor an extra notch, I put a mixture of both chocolate chips and peanut butter chips in the cookies. You could definitely just use chocolate chip cookies though.
Double Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cup chocolate chips or 1 c. chocolate chips & 1 c. peanut butter chips
- Cream together butter or margarine and sugars until fluffy. Add vanilla and egg and beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, add flour, baking soda and salt. Whisk together. Add to mixing bowl and mix just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips or chocolate chips and peanut butter chips.
- Scoop about 1 rounded tablespoon of dough for each cookie onto a cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 14-17 minutes, rotating cookie sheets halfway through the baking time.
Stop by Hooked On Houses for more Hooked On…