The Game Plan
- Breakfast – Cheesy scrambled eggs & toast
- Lunch – PB & honey sandwiches, yogurt, bananas
- Snacks – Carrots & celery sticks w/Ranch dressing
- Dinner – Creamy Chicken Enchiladas, skillet corn
The Plan In Action
- 8:30am – Make breakfast. Heat 2 T. olive oil in skillet, add chicken cover and cook.
- 8:50am – Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- 9:00am – While finishing breakfast and clean-up, slices carrots and celery sticks for snack time. Put back in fridge. Dice onion.
- 9:15am – Add 1/2 the onion to skillet (put other 1/2 in fridge) that the chicken was cooked in. Cook for 5 minutes. Add flour, cook for 1 minute. Whisk in chicken stock. While stock simmers, shred chicken.
- 9:30am – When sauce is thickened, remove skillet from heat. Stir in sour cream, diced green chilies, and seasonings. Reserve one cup sauce. Stir chicken into remaining sauce.
- 9:40am – Grease a 13×9 casserole dish. Fill tortillas with about 2 T. chicken and sauce. Roll up and place seam side down in dish. Repeat for all 10 tortillas. Cover with reserved sauce.
- 9:50am – Cover casserole and put in fridge. Melt 2 T. butter in a small skillet, add onion, corn and seasonings. Cook for 10 minutes. While corn cooks, shred 1 c. cheese and put in fridge.
- 10:00am – Transfer corn to a microwave-safe dish and refrigerate. Clean kitchen.
- 12:30pm – Make lunch.
- 4:00pm – Snack time.
- 5:30pm – Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 5:45pm – Put chicken enchiladas in oven.
- 6:00pm – Sprinkle cheese over enchiladas and return to oven.
- 6:15pm – Remove enchiladas from oven. Put corn in microwave for 2-3 minutes. Dinner is served.
Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
- 2 tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs (about 1/2 – 3/4 pound)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 small can diced green chilies
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 10 flour tortillas (homemade or packaged)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or monterey jack are best)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Add to skillet, cover and cook for 20 minutes or until juices run clear, flipping over after 10 minutes. Remove from skillet and shred.
- Add onion to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in flour and cook 2 more minutes, stirring often. Whisk in chicken stock, bring to a boil and let simmer until thickened.
- Remove skillet from heat. Stir in sour cream, green chilies and seasonings. Reserve 1 c. sauce. Stir chicken into skillet and fill tortillas with about 2 T. filling, roll up. Place rolled up enchiladas in a greased casserole dish. Cover with reserved sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. After the first 15 minutes, sprinkle 1 c. cheese over the top and return to the oven.
(For just this recipe, go here.)