While not entirely traditional, we all thought this version of creamed spinach was delicious, even those of us (namely, our 9 year old) who do not like spinach. I played around with and adjusted things as I went, so the measurements might not be entirely accurate. They should be pretty close though.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb frozen, chopped spinach
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk as needed
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the frozen spinach and cook until completely thawed, stirring often.
- Add the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese and seasonings. Stir and cook until cheeses are completely melted. Thin to desired consistency with milk, a few splashes at a time.
- Serve immediately. Or, for stolen moments style, transfer to a small casserole dish and refrigerate. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, or until heated through.
Visit The Grocery Cart Challenge for more recipes.