Last Updated on
It is my most favorite time of year – Christmas cookie baking time! Oh sure, I love Christmas – the tradtions, the excitement from the kids, the gifts, the music, the trees – all of that is wonderful. But there is just something abouth making Christmas cookies that lets me know all is right with the world.
I spent the entire day this past Sunday making cookies. The kids came in and out of the kitchen and anxiously helped whenever the opportunity arose. It was a great day. I’ve made a few more cookies the past cuple days as well, just because there’s no such thing as too many Christmas cookies in my world.
Needless to say, I’ll be posting a bunch of cookie recipes the rest of this week and next. Ready? Here we go…
Coconut & Cherry Kisses
- 1 7 oz package shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup red candied cherries (and/or green candied cherries), chopped
- Pour coconut into a mixing bowl and stir in the cornstarch. Add the sweetened condensed milk and the extracts, stirring until combined. Fold in the chopped cherries.
- Drop about a teaspoon of batter at a time onto a greased or foil-lined cookie sheet. If the batter spreads when you drop it, mound it a little with your fingers.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes at 325 degrees, just until the bottoms get lightly browned and the tops are set. Transfer to a wire rack to cool after 1 minute.