These smoothies are the newest hit around our house. The kids absolutely love them, and my husband and I have been enjoying a glass or two (or three or four…) ourselves.
I’ve come to the conclusion that these smoothies can serve equally well as a breakfast, snack or dessert. They are creamy and rich and taste like they should be forbidden. But if you look at the ingredients, I think you’ll agree they are a perfect powerhouse for breakfast too.
Whenever you decide to serve them, I think you’ll agree with all of us that they are unbelivable!
Chunky Monkey Smoothies
- 4 bananas, cut into quarters
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 3 – 4 cup chocolate milk (or white milk with chocolate milk powder or syrup added)
- In a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients. Use only 3 c. of milk to start. Process until desired consistency, adding more milk as needed.
Some tips: **Frozen bananas are perfect for this! Not only are the smoothies a great way to use those on-the-verge-of-being-pitched bananas, but the frozen bananas add a great texture to the smoothies. Plus, they help the smoothies stay cold, which is always a great thing in my book. **Use Ovaltine or Carnation Instant Breakfast powders in place of the chocolate milk powder. Such an easy way to add a little more boost to breakfast. **The recipe above will make enough for 4-6 servings, depending on how big your serving sizes are.
This post is being linked to:
- Recipe Swap at The Grocery Cart Challenge
- Foodie Friday at Designs By Gollum