My husband loves malt. He is the kind of guy who orders a chocolate malt with extra malt. Every once in a while, he likes to make malts at home too. So when I was trying to think of a good cookie to make today, I spotted the jar of chocolate malt powder in our pantry. My wheels started turning and I thought I’d give it a shot and see if I could make chocolate malt cookies.
They turned out so good. I’ll be the first to admit that they look a little unassuming and plain, but trust, these are no ordinary cookies. They’re like Whoppers in cookie form. And speaking of Whoppers, if I’d had some on hand, I definitely would have added about a cup of crushed ones to the batter. But that is not at all needed to get the full flavor.
Chocolate Malt Cookies
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup chocolate malt powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter or margarine and sugars until fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat another minute.
- In a small bowl, add the flour, malt powder, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine. Add slowly to the mixing bowl and mix just until incorporated.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons onto cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes.