Here is another great meal option for using up some of that bountiful summer produce. The flavors mingle perfectly and the veggies keep that fresh crispiness that just screams summer to me.
I know this probably doesn’t stand out as kid-friendly if you have kids that only eat well-disguised vegetables. But give this one a shot and see what happens. Two of my four were a little hesitant with all the veggies, but they all cleaned their plates.
Chicken Pasta Primavera
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 lb carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 lb squash (yellow and/or zucchini). sliced
- 1 bunch broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp each black pepper and salt
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated, plus extra for garnish
- 1 lb Penne pasta, fully cooked and drained
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add chicken pieces and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Add veggies and cook an additional 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add chicken stock, lemon juice and zest and salt and pepper. Bring to a slow boil and simmer for 5-7 minutes, until the liquid is reduced by half. Remove from heat, stir in Parmesan cheese and toss with cooked pasta. Garnish with additional Parmesan before serving.