Last Updated on
This is another one of those meals that comes together super fast, tastes great and the entire family eats in a hurry.
It will probably seem a little familiar to several other recipes that I’ve posted here. But I do that on purpose. For me, sometimes the easiest way to decide what to make for dinner is to opt for something I already know we like and just mix up the seasonings, meat and/or veggies.
I used a blackening seasoning in this recipe to give a little kick to the whole dish. It was a tasty addition that gave everything a great flavor without being overly spicy. I also used some chicken stock in place of some of the milk to give the sauce a thinner texture.
Chicken & Broccoli Macaroni
- 1/2 tsp oil
- 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tsp blackening seasoning
- 3 tbsp butter or margarine
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp blackening seasoning
- 2 cup frozen broccoli, thawed
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 – 1 lb elbow macaroni (or other pasta shape), fully cooked and drained
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Season chicken with blackening seasoning and add to skillet. Cook until chicken is browned and fully cooked, about 5-8 minutes. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add butter or margarine to skillet and melt. Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes. Slowly whisk in milk and chicken stock. Bring to a slow boil until thickened slightly. Stir in remaining blackening seasoning, broccoli and cheddar cheese. Stir until cheese is fully melted. Add chicken back into skillet and then add cooked noodles. Stir until heated through. Serve and enjoy!