Last Updated on
This creamy, dreamy delicacy usually only graces our presence during the holidays, often tucked inside puff pastry and served as a sumptuous appetizer. My relationship with brie usually starts and ends with Christmas.
But on a recent trip to Chicago, my mom sent me home with a wedge of leftover brie, and I knew I had to elevate this seasonal ingredient into something extraordinary. And voilà, the idea for Chicken, Brie & Tomato Spaghetti was born—a twist on an incredible side dish my mom whipped up just last week!
Who says you can only enjoy brie at Christmas?
Why You Will Love Chicken, Brie & Tomato Spaghetti
If you love brie as much as I do, you’re in for a delightful treat. This dish is a blend of textures and flavors—juicy chicken, melt-in-your-mouth brie, and vibrant tomatoes all clinging to strands of perfectly cooked spaghetti.
It’s a meal that screams comfort yet whispers elegance. Perfect for dinner parties, but simple enough for weeknight meals. And hey, if brie’s not your thing or not in your fridge, some cubed mozzarella will do the trick just fine.
- Don’t skimp on the garlic; it gives depth to the chicken and binds all the flavors together.
- If you can, opt for grape tomatoes. They tend to be sweeter and less watery than cherry tomatoes.
- Feel free to swap in whole grain spaghetti for a healthier option or gluten-free spaghetti to accommodate dietary restrictions.
A kitchen staple that’s perfect for sautéing the chicken and forming the base for our quick sauce.
Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
The protein hero of the dish, offering a blank canvas that absorbs the flavor of garlic and seasonings beautifully.
The star attraction that elevates this dish to gourmet levels. Its creamy texture melds seamlessly into the spaghetti.
Grape or Cherry Tomatoes
These bring a burst of fresh, tangy flavor, complementing the richness of brie and chicken.
A mix of dried herbs that instantly gives an Italian flair to your spaghetti.
Red Wine Vinegar
A splash for acidity and brightness, cutting through the creaminess of the brie.
How to Make Chicken, Brie & Tomato Spaghetti
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the cubed chicken breasts and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in minced garlic, and season the chicken with salt and pepper. Continue cooking until the chicken is fully cooked. Stir in your fully cooked and drained spaghetti, then remove the skillet from heat.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar, 1 1/2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper. Pour this flavorful concoction over the spaghetti mixture in your skillet and stir well to combine.
- Lastly, gently stir in your cubed brie and halved tomatoes. Serve immediately, or let it sit to room temperature for flavors to meld even more.
This dish is wonderfully versatile. Serve it hot, straight out of the skillet, or let it cool to room temperature and serve it as a pasta salad at your next picnic or potluck. It pairs beautifully with a glass of white wine or even a light red like Pinot Noir.
- No brie? Cubed mozzarella works perfectly fine.
- Not a fan of spaghetti? Feel free to use penne, fettuccine, or any pasta of your choice.
- Large skillet
- Wooden spoon
- Mixing bowl
Is brie essential?
No, mozzarella can easily be substituted if brie is not available.
Can I use other types of oil instead of olive oil?
Certainly, although olive oil adds a particular flavor that complements the other ingredients, you can use any neutral-flavored oil like canola or vegetable oil.
Can this dish be served cold?
Absolutely, it transitions wonderfully to a pasta salad when served at room temperature.
Do I have to use red wine vinegar?
While red wine vinegar adds a touch of acidity and brightness, you can also use white wine vinegar or even a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
Chicken, Brie & Tomato Spaghetti
- 2 tbsp olive oil for sautéing
- 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb spaghetti fully cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil for dressing
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt for dressing
- 1/4 tsp black pepper for dressing
- 2 cups brie or mozzarella cubed
- 1/2 lb grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- Optional: Chopped parsley for garnish
- Optional: A sprinkle of red pepper flakes for heat
- Cook the Chicken: Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet. Add the cubed chicken and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add Flavor: Stir in the minced garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook until chicken is fully done.
- Prepare the Spaghetti: Stir in your already cooked and drained spaghetti. Take the skillet off the heat.
- Make the Dressing: In a separate bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar, 1 1/2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Combine: Pour this dressing over the spaghetti and chicken, mixing well.
- Add the Final Touches: Stir in your cubed brie and halved grape tomatoes.
- Serve: Dish can be served immediately or left to reach room temperature for a more melded flavor.