I think my favorite thing about this casserole, other than the fact that we all just love it, is that it comes together so quickly. I’m often able to get it done while we eat breakfast. This is one of my go to meals when we have to be out of the house in a hurry and there are no freezer meals on hand for dinner.
Cheesy Pasta Casserole
- 1/2 pkg. egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1/2 – 1 lb. ground turkey or beef (optional)
- 1 18 oz. can tomato sauce (I use 2 c. of my tomato-veggie sauce)*
- 5 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- garlic salt, pepper
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
*If you are just using plain tomato sauce, you will need to add some seasonings to boost the flavor
Place the egg noodles in a 13″x9″ casserole dish. Add ground meat on top of the noodles, if using. Pour sauce over that. Blend together cream cheese, sour cream, garlic salt, and pepper. Put dollops of that mixture over the tomato sauce. Cover with shredded cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.