I’m kind of wishy-washy when it comes to oatmeal cookies – sometimes I like them crispy and sometimes I like them chewy. So these tend to be my favorites because they are a perfect mix of both.
Add a layer of blackberry jam (or any other jam that you enjoy) in between and that just ups the deliciousness. If you want really sinful cookies, you could replace the jam layer with a layer of melted chocolate.
Blackberry Jam Oatmeal Cookie Sandwiches
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup quick oats
- Blackberry jam (or your favorite jam or melted chocolate)
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Mix together butter and sugars until creamed. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- Slowly mix in the flour mixture, then stir in the oats. Using a tablespoon of dough per cookie, roll into balls.
- Place balls of cookie dough on aluminum foil or parchment paper lined cookie sheets and bake at 375 degrees for 6 minutes. Rearrange the cookie sheets in the oven so that the cookies from the bottom rack are on top and vice versa. Bake another 5-8 minutes, until lightly browned and firm.
- Cool cookies on cookie sheets then peel off aluminum foil or parchment paper. Spread a thin layer of jam on the bottom of one cookie and top with another. Repeat until all cookies are used.
Stop by Life As Mom for more cookie recipes.
And don’t forget to check out the Virtual Great American Bake Sale ebooks where you can find 170 delicious, tummy-tempting recipes and support Share Our Strength at the same time.