- 2 tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pkg. mild Italian sausage (either pork or turkey)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 lb potatoes
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausages and cook for about 10 minutes. Flip sausages, cover skillet and cook 10 minutes longer.
- Remove sausages and set aside. Add onions and garlic to skillet, season with salt to taste. Cook for 5 minutes. Stir in beef stock, thyme and pepper. Add sausages back to skillet. Bring stock to a slow boil and let simmer until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Serve over mashed potatoes.
- Peel and cube potatoes. Put in a large pot filled with cold water. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 15 minutes, until potatoes are tender. Drain.
- Return drained potatoes to the pot. Mash with butter. Stir in milk, sour cream, and salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.