Last Updated on
Bacon and potatoes have always held a special place in my heart, evoking memories of warm and comforting family meals.
Combining these two incredible ingredients creates a mouth-watering and satisfying dish.
Today, I’m sharing my recipe, a simple yet delightful side dish that’s perfect for any occasion.
Bacon-wrapped dishes have been popular for centuries, with various cultures embracing this delicious cooking technique. The combination of potatoes and bacon is classic, and wrapping the potatoes in bacon adds a unique twist to a familiar favorite. With its roots in comfort food, this recipe has a universal appeal that transcends borders.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
This recipe is a harmonious blend of simplicity, flavor, and texture. The infusion of bacon flavor into the potatoes, along with the crispiness of the bacon and the creaminess of the potatoes, creates a culinary experience that will tantalize your taste buds. Plus, this dish is easy to prepare, making it perfect for weeknight dinners or special occasions.
- To ensure even cooking, try to use potatoes of similar size.
- Add your favorite herbs, such as rosemary or thyme, to the seasonings for an extra flavor boost.
- To avoid overcooking the bacon, make sure to keep an eye on it during the final minutes of baking.
- Serve the Bacon Wrapped Potato Halves as a side dish for grilled or roasted meats, like steak or chicken.
- Pair with a crisp green salad and your favorite dressing for a lighter meal.
- Add a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of chives to the top of each potato half for an extra burst of flavor.
- Swap red-skinned potatoes with russet or Yukon Gold potatoes for a slightly different texture.
- Instead of bacon, use turkey bacon or prosciutto for a leaner option.
- For a vegetarian version, try using thinly sliced zucchini.
- Microwave-safe plate
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Cookie sheet
Q: Can I prepare these in advance?
A: Yes, you can partially bake the potatoes, refrigerate them, and then finish baking with the bacon just before serving.
Bacon Wrapped Potato Halves
- 4 -6 red skinned potatoes
- Salt, pepper and paprika, to taste
- 8 – 12 slices bacon
- 10 Minutes Free: Wash potatoes. Poke several holes in each one with a fork. Place on a plate and microwave for 5-8 minutes, until just tender to the touch. Refrigerate until using.
- 5 Minutes Free + 30 Minutes Bake Time: Cut partially baked potatoes in half lengthwise. Sprinkle each potato half generously with salt, pepper and paprika. Wrap a slice of bacon around each half. Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes, until the bacon is browned and crispy.
Just a reminder – today is Cyber Monday and the last day to take advantage of the Stolen Moments Menu Planning or Better Breakfast ebook sales prices.